You can perform your own assessment of your thyroid function by doing the barnes test. Before you get up in the morning, put a mercury thermometer in the your armpit when you wake and leave it there for 10 mintues. Normal body temperature in the morning is 36.6C – 36.8C. A temperature of 36.4C or less strongly suggests your thyroid is underactive.
We always recommend adding a little product at a time, the philosophy is that it is much easier to add than it is to take away!
- For oils – use the size of an iPhone button
- For serums – the size of a blueberry
- For conditioner – the size of a connect 4 piece (remember them!)
Is your hair stressed and prone to breakage? Here’s a surefire way to tell in seconds. Braid your locks and take a good look. Hair that’s healthy and strong should be roughly the same thickness all the way down (depending on layers of course). Plaits that lessen into a wispy finish show your hair has been subject to stress, so its time to adopt some textual healing.
These hair hero foods do just a much for your hair as they do for your diet…
Stimulate follicles and prolong their life cycle for a thicker, fuller mane
Contain all eight essential amino acids to help rep[air and smooth damaged locks
Contains Tyrosine (the amino acid responsible for the colour of your hair and skin) to help maintain vibrant tresses
Has natrual cleansers called saponins to gently remove excess dirt and oil without stripping the hair and scalp
Is rich in Vitamin E and C for super-shiny, healthy hair.
Although we’re all born with a set of number of hair follicles and there is nothing changing that ,how you eat can cause them to fall asleep and stop producing new hairs.He has three firm rules for ultimate thick and shiny tresses….
- Eating less then 1500 calories per day is hair Kryptonite, and you’ll need to add supplements to your diet to avoid serious hair loss
- Vegetarians need to eat more dark, leafy greens such as spinach and kale
- The ultimate hair diet is 5 – 6 dates, an almond and some ground nuts everyday.
Rough dry hair around 95 per cent , twist tightly into a low bun. Blast on the highest heat for three minutes using a diffuser. When the hair feels cool, release from the bun for loose waves.
Applying light and dark shades instantly adds dimension. Darker tones in blonde hair will make the lighter tones stand out , while multiple lighter tones framing the face give the illusion of thicker hair.
If you’re concerned about the thickness of your hair, avoid layering because it reduces fullness. Also ask your stylist not to lift your hair as they cut, but to leave it downwards instead, as lifting lessens thickness.
For great root volume , take sections of hair roughly 3-4 cm wide and 1-2 thick. Apply your heated tongs near the roots of each section, being careful not to get to close to the scalp, and leave them for 3- 4 seconds to create a hair bend or ‘root bump. This creates lift. Before you do anything else wait for the hair to cool down so the root bump sets in place.
A blunt style with a shaggy fringe gives a overall thicker appearance, and a fewer layers will make ends look more substantial. Also get air into your hair by styling big round brush lifting as you blow dry.
The best way to maintain smooth hair long term is still the permanent blow dry, because it uses natural keratin and glycolic acid to reduce frizz. Results last around three months.
Swedish scientists have discovered that we grow more hair in the summer to protect our scalps from the sun, but come Autumn it starts to shed. You may have a little less mane, but you’ve got to look after what you’ve got.
Amino acid L- cysteine builds keratin, the protein responsible for healthy tresses. Its found naturally in egg yolks, and eating two eggs a day will deliver your 500mg RDA. Not a fan? Supplement your intake with My Hairdoctor Hair and Skin Nutritional supplement .Hair also loves omega fatty acids, which boost hydration. Find them in oily fish, avocados and olive oil.
Is your hair stressed and prone to breakage? Here’s a surefire way to tell in seconds. braid your locks and take a good look. hair that’s healthy and strong should be roughly the same thickness all the way down (depending on your layers, of course). Plaits that lessen into a wispy finish show your hair has been subject to stress, so it’s time to adopt some textual healing.
Mix your tones – applying light and dark shades instantly adds dimension. Darker tones in blonde hair will make the lighter tones stand out, while multiple lighter tones framing the face give the illusion of thicker hair.
A blunt style with a shaggy fringe gives an overall thicker appearance, and fewer layers will make ends look more substantial. Also get air into your hair by styling it with a big round brush, lifting as you blow-dry.
- “Thinning hair affects more than eight million women in the UK, yet it is still considered a taboo subject” Guy Parsons, My Hair Doctor.
- 60% of women and 80% of men experience some form of hair loss in their lives.
- According to research, the value of the UK’s woman’s haircare market will reach a whopping £1.7 billion by 2020.
- 46% of women suffer anxiety with hair thinning but only a quarter of those will act upon it.
- The five most common hair complaints are:
5. Colour fade
- There is a strong realisation that good haircare starts with the scalp
- Over one third of woman experience hair loss after menopause.
- Over 75% of woman are terrified of the hairdresser.
- About one in 50 women will develop hypothyroidism.